Wednesday, August 21, 2013

dinner love

So today I go approved for my new apartment! I cannot tell you how excited I am to move in the next couple of weeks. There's so much I have to get done between now and then, but I am definitely so happy that everything fell together smoothly. I needed some good news after this morning. Imagine going to work/school and finding out that not only do you owe 400 dollars but you are out of money for school! Thank goodness my boss is the best guy ever and figured it out all for me. Its scary how quickly things can change. I was contemplating what I would do if I didn't have my GI bill, quitting school, searching for another job, and moving in with my mom. Thank goodness it was just a mistake. Carrying on thankfully :)
Then after work I took a trip to goodwill, haha, I never shop there but I needed jeans for some new high waisted shorts that I've been living in lately. Didn't find the shorts but I did find the heavy denim jacket I've been searching for and a cute and cozy oversized sweater. All for under $20. Not bad, Hunter, not bad.



puppy photobomb....


So then I went to the store to get ingredients for tonight's dinner with my ex. (Yes, I know). As luck would have it, who do I run into? His mother. No, that's not a joke. It is funny when you have to tell his mother that he's actually in fact coming over for dinner. That's why you are at Whole Foods. Yikes? I don't know, but she's an incredible woman regardless. Our meal tonight? Roast chicken with bacon wrapped asparagus with a humus veggie starter. Pleased? I think I will be at least. 
I may be liking wine a whole lot more than before, but I'm still a beer girl....

 
Dinner ended up being so fantastic. I was impressed with myself even. I get to enjoy my yummy leftovers at work. The annoying part is that the clothes I bought are for sure winter clothes, and today it is a warm 88 degrees outside. So ready for fall you don't even know....
 
 

 photo postsignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment